Food bloggers are kind, passionate people. I’m not just saying that because I’m a food blogger. Last year they raised more than $17,000 for UNICEF. This year another teeming army of knife-wielding food bloggers has donated awesomely shiny raffle gifts to raise money for the United Nations World Food Programme. Even I’m participating, though I’m not nice and passionate so much as testy and full of ennui. You know it’s a big deal when even mean, apathetic food bloggers want to get involved.
Bon Appegeek’s Raffle Prize of Shininess (UC05):
· Shiny new Atlas Marcato 150 Italian pasta maker
· OXO 1.5-inch pastry brush to clean it (not shiny, sorry)
· Pair of shiny stainless steel pasta serving forks
· Shiny pastry crimper to make your ravioli squiggly cool
· The shining gratitude of starving people worldwide
Note: U.S., Canada, and APO/FPO shipping only.
All this shininess can be yours for the low low price of $10 and a little luck. Now if even I, a cruelly sadistic and immorally indifferent food blogging tyrant can help out, can’t you? You’re an absolute angel compared to me. Surely you can give a little bit, especially since you might get some awesome stuff in return. Even if you aren’t interested in making pasta (it’s sooooo easy!), my family has had the same pasta maker model for eight maintenance-free years and I can testify that nothing can knock out intruders or hold down a huge stack of loose papers as well as this pasta maker. Did I mention that the package was shiny?
Here’s a close up of the shininess, in case you aren’t convinced. Get out your wallet while I list the details!
Shipping note: Due to the significant weight of this package and my location in Illinois, I can ship only to the United States, Canada, and APO/FPO addresses. So sorry!
Pasta maker info: Instruction manual online.
Charity info: United Nations World Food Programme
Full prize listings:
· Main Menu For Hope coordinator and full prize list — Chez Pim
· US Central — Kalyn’s Kitchen
· US East Coast — The Amateur Gourmet
· US West Coast — Becks and Posh
· Canada — Cardamom Addict
· Europe — David Lebovitz
· Asia Pacific/Australia/New Zealand — Grab Your Fork
· Special Wine category — Vinography
How to enter/donate:
1. Go to the donation page at http://www.firstgiving.com/menuforhopeIII.
2. Make a donation, each $10 will give you one raffle ticket toward a prize of your choice. Please specify which prize or prizes you’d like in the “Personal Message” section in the donation form when confirming your donation. Do tell us how many tickets per prize, and please use the prize code—for example, a donation of $50 can be 2 tickets for UW01 and 3 for UW02. Bon Appegeek’s pasta maker package is UC05.
3. If your company matches your charity donation, please remember to check the box and fill in the information so we can claim the corporate match.
4. Please also check the box to allow us to see your email address so that we can contact you in case you win. Your email address will not be shared with anyone.
5. Check back on Chez Pim on January 15 when we announce the result of the raffle. (The drawing will be done electronically. Our friend the code wizard Derrick at Obsession with Food is responsible for the wicked application that will do the job.)Explore posts in the same categories: Charity, Equipment, Event, Photos